How YOUR company can succeed at Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
What actually is CSR?
Corporate Social Responsibility is the continuing commitment by business to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as of the local community and society at large.
In short, it’s going that extra mile to give back to your employees and the wider community; doing good and turning a company’s success into an opportunity to help others.
Why should all companies consider CSR?
Tim Mohin, Director Of Corporate Responsibility For Advanced Micro Devices, explains that companies with successful CSR see an increase in many aspects of their company.
Which companies are currently the most successful at CSR?
What can YOU do?
The key to personal fulfillment within CSR and thus fulfillment as a team/company is to choose something that people have a vested interest in and feel passionate about as this will make the process enjoyable rather than obligatory in a negative way. Also, be mindful… choose what you promote wisely and set clear boundaries to avoid political pitfalls.
Here are some ideas:-
- Sustainable production of your company product.
- Percentage of profit towards charitable donations.
- Choose specific proceeds for specific charities.
- Volunteer – consider group volunteering options.
- Create your own not-for-profit program.
- Organise company fundraising events.
- Create a day every month/year for each employee or team to invest in the community in a way that inspires them specifically, perhaps by volunteering or creating a fundraising event.