An award winning Software company based in central London is looking for an experienced Java Developer to take up a Technical Lead position in a new Development team.
Recently recognised as one of the Top Ten Hottest Start Ups in the UK, this company has seen a wealth of success over the last few years and as such is growing rapidly. Since being founded they have grown in the last five years to over five hundred members of staff across fifteen countries, and are still breaking into new territories regularly.
The company has primarily been working with .Net but are setting up a new Java Development team here in London. They are looking for an experienced Senior Developer to step into a Technical Lead position and sculpt this new team. It is a hands-on position and your time will be split between hands-on coding and leading/mentoring the team, as well as having a hand in the architecture of the projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to display the following experience:
- Solid programming experience with Java/J2EE
- Experience with modern frameworks including Spring/Hibernate
- Agile practices- TDD/BDD
- Solid knowledge of entire Development process from design and architecture to implementation and deployment
- Proven experience of either managing a team or leading/mentoring less senior Developers
- Excellent communicative ability
- Knowledge of other languages- e.g. Scala, .Net or PHP
- NoSQL Databases- MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.
This is an excellent opportunity for an excellent Senior Developer to step up into a more senior and managerial position while remaining very hands-on. It is a growing company and this team will grow naturally within that.