Currently seeking several Software Engineers of all levels of experience for a company based in London who use data science and functional programming to build a platform which predicts returns in financial markets for hedge funds across multiple global assets - evaluation, forecasting and simulation of possible outcomes. They also develop the platform which executes these findings across markets around the world.
Despite operating in the Fintech industry since 2001, this business operates a relaxed, casual environment similar to that of a start-up business and ensures a good work/life balance for their employees. This is proven by an employee turnover rate in their Development team of under 10% over the last five years and an impressive 4.8/5 star rating on Glassdoor. It is as far from corporate as can be.
- Despite being a financial services business, this company is completely technology led and strives to always be as far ahead of the curve as possible by regularly investing to ensure that their Developers and the infrastructure they use get regular updates with top end hardware.
- Majority of code written in C#, C++ & F#
- Big Data - Introduced the use of Apache Spark & Apache Storm to handle huge chunks of data
- Recently started using Java for a new project
- Keen interest in functional programming
- Emphasis on broadening the tools used by introducing more linux and open source technologies
- Actively encourages Engineers to take a 'technology agnostic' approach to software development and continuously search for the right tool for the job rather than being limited to current stack
- Adoption of continuous improvement philosophy and flexible Agile to improve the way software is developed and released
- Extremely high standard of code. Quality of work is what counts rather than adherence to long working hours
Required Skills / Approach to Software Development
- I'm seeking the best Engineers across the globe who are open to which technology to use, when and most importantly, why
- Whatever your current or predominant technology stack, I'm looking for Engineers who actively enjoy learning and experimenting with new technologies / languages in their spare time or have a passion for broadening their knowledge across the whole software development spectrum. If you are a good Software Developer, you should be able to pick up a new technology stack with ease.
- Working in such a highly mathematical, algorithmic environment, I'm looking for the most intelligent Engineers who are always striving to improve. No university degree required.
- The ideal candidate will be active in the Development community. For example, someone who attends / hosts / talks at Meetups, writes their own technology blog or offers up solutions on StackOverflow
- A candidate who thrives in a meritocratic environment who can offer up good ideas properly justified
- Industry leading salaries & packages
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Travel season ticket loan
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual company-sponsored trips away (Skiing etc)
- Christmas & Summer balls
- Subsidised gym
- On site massage room
- Employee clubs (Running, football, cycling etc)
- Games room with table tennis, foosball and games consoles