This is a software company that helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. They are one of the top technology companies providing complete enterprise and on demand solutions for ecommerce, Multi-Channel commerce, Master data management and Order management.
They are also now viewed as one of the top eCommerce companies alongside IBM, Websphere, ATG, Magento & Demandware.
- Work with customers, end users and development partners to define and assess application and technical requirements and understand the current state of technology to define opportunities that create business value.
- Work with other developers to define the application and technical development structure to ensure that the products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements.
- Fully understand the capabilities and limitations of the technical environments.
- Lead the application team, if engaged, in technical design and implementation and ensure the product fulfils the requirements.
- Work with the support team to determine how the applications are supported in production, including system performance and project management.
- University degree in computer science, comparable education or job experience.
- Broad and deep technical experience of implementing and supporting large, complex multi domain, multisite server-based systems/networks, ideally within an external customer facing and SLA-driven environment.
- Excellent knowledge in OO software development
- Very good experience in Java/JEE.
- Experience in front end technologies, UML and framework technologies.
- Must be used to working to standards and have a structured approach to design.
- Previous customer facing experience, preferably working with business users.
- Highly developed problem solving skills, tenacity, drive, proactive, creativity, sound planning and organizational abilities, strong improvement focus, ability to work in a fast-evolving and fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience of major ERP and CRM systems desired.
- eCommerce / Multichannel commerce experience desired.
- Very good English language skills and very good skills of the predominant local language. Every other European language is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge in all MS Office tools including MS projects and visio.
- Achievement orientation, creative thinking and enthusiasm, open-minded with strong communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to pick up things quickly.
- Must have UK or European passport due to travel constraints.