UK Leading Retailer are require a Network Architect (Data Architect)
The role will supply depth to the team in support of the company wide network infrastructure.
This includes working with internal technical architect, operational resolver teams, and suppliers to develop and implement robust one, two, three and five year strategies for the network (data and voice), including economic modelling and financial tracking, including new product selection and validation.
What you'll be doing
- Primary role is to conduct a rapid discovery and prepare the next 3-year strategic vision for the entire data network
- Evaluating, defining, and documenting the current ‘As Is’ network architecture and mapping out ‘To Be’ designs and vision.
- Provide highly technical expertise in network and telecommunications architecture development, engineering processes, network/systems design, and product selection
- Provide a sounding board for tactical troubleshooting of Networking issues across the enterprise and advise on any appropriate mitigation / improvement plans.
- Creates, maintains, and enhances the multi-year network architecture plans. Ensure plans remain in alignment with Business and Strategic objectives and integrates with other architecture plans.
- Azure or Cloud based experience is essential
- CCIE or equivalent technical experience
- Expert-level Cisco experience
- Expert in full-cycle design, engineering, configuration and administration of Cisco routers & switches, firewalls (ASAs), IPT, multi-segment networks and MPLS WANs
- Network Protocols - HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, OSI Model, IEEE Standards, QoS, VoIP, OSPF, MPLS, ACL's, BGP /e-BGP, Spanning Tree, Policy Based and
- Static routing, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, Virtual Device Contexts and Port Channels;
- Architectural experience with Voice and VoIP systems and Voice/Network convergence technologies
If you feel your experience matches that of the above then please apply via the link or message me on LinkedIn: Daniel Hammett