Duration: 5 week assignment
Location: Surrey & travel to India
On behalf of a leading global technology consultancy, ThinkersConnect wish to engage with Java/TDD Specialists for an exciting hands-on coaching/leadership opportunity with a well-known international customer. This role will involve high-level coaching for teams of Java Developers, educating and embedding Test Driven Development practices into their workflow for this high-profile project.
During this 5 week assignment, the TDD/Java Specialist will work closely with DevOps specialists to ensure that unit/integration tests are performed. In addition, they will coach, consult and guide the client. As required, the consultant will provide code level assistance to support the build of Java REST services. As such, the consultant will be expected to code (in Java) and contribute to the project’s code base.
- Coaching Java development teams on writing composite testable Java using Java 8
- Coaching team on Test Driven Development
- Facilitating team in helping them to understand how to develop testable REST endpoints
- Educating Java developers on development of TDD tests with Mockito, Spring 4.x, Maven
- Explaining the principles of Java refactoring to the team
- Educating developers on good workflow practices, ensuring the team understand both unit testing and integration testing
- Conducting hands on Java code sampling reviews and retrospectives with the team, promoting constructive feedback and enabling improvement through learning
- Experience as a Java Developer working with Java 8 as outlined above
- TDD specialist and advocate of Kent Beck’s work
- Agile coaching experience within a Java development environment
- Ability and desire to undertake travel to client site in Southern India for 4 weeks, preceded by a week in Surrey
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your CV without delay for immediate interviews.