An award winning Digital Agency based in central London is looking for an experienced Java Developer to take up a Head of Java position in a new Development team.
Recently awarded #1 Independent Agency in the UK by The Drum, this company has seen a wealth of success over the last few years and as such is growing rapidly. They also work with a number of well-known brands including the BBC, Tesco and BT. They currently have two office locations in the UK, and the Head Office is based in the heart of London.
The company has primarily been working with .Net but are setting up a new Java Development team here in London. They are looking for an experienced Senior Developer/ Technical Lead to step up into a Head of Java position and sculpt this new team. It is a hands-on position and your time will be split between hands-on coding and leading/mentoring the team, as well as overseeing the architecture of the projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to display the following experience:
- Solid programming experience with Java/J2EE
- Experience with modern frameworks including Spring/Hibernate
- Agile practices- TDD/BDD
- Solid knowledge of entire Development process from design and architecture to implementation and deployment
- Proven experience of either managing a team or leading/mentoring less senior Developers
- Excellent communicative ability
- Knowledge of other languages- e.g. Scala, .Net or PHP
- NoSQL Databases- MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.
This is an excellent opportunity for any Senior Developer or Tech Lead to step up into a more senior and managerial position while remaining very hands-on. It is a growing company and this team will grow naturally within that.