Thinkers Connect Limited (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting thinkersconnect.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Thinkers Connect Limited of 3-4 Hardwick Street, London, EC1R 4RB.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, thinkersconnect.com (our site) to assist with the recruitment process, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, personal description, full CV, work and education history, remuneration, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our [customer service] number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may undertake credit references and other lawful checks if requested by a recruitment client or third party. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and 2 delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Automated decision making. Occasionally your CV will be selected by our in-house automated CRM system which will use your CV to highlight skills that will be put forward to one or more of our clients; we will endeavour to contact you prior to your CV being passed to our client but cannot guarantee this will always be the case in the interests of efficiency. If you wish to receive further information please contact the operations manager in writing to email@example.com.
- Adding to our internal systems. Once you have sent us your CV or we have otherwise accessed your CV (for instance via a publicly available or subscription recruitment site) we will store your information on our system. We will enter information contained in your CV to create a record about you for our internal use only. We may add to the information obtained from your CV with written or verbal information taken directly from you. The only information that will be added to your record will be information that is considered necessary or helpful and is intended to assist in the recruitment process.
- External use of your profile. We will not send your CV to organisations with vacancies for which you may be appropriate, without your express consent. However, we may send a profile of your skills and experience to organisations selected by us. The profile would be created from your CV and other written or verbal information you have provided, but would not have any identifying information about you such as your name, contact details or the names of your previous employers. We understand that if you have a rare skill, it may be possible to identify you even without the identifying information mentioned above but we use all reasonable endeavours to anonymise your profile at this stage.
- Opt-out. If you do not want us to send your profile out to prospective employers or wish to request the removal of your record from our system please contact our Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our
subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of
the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Thinkers Connect Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. All requests for information or a copy of your personal data should be in writing and addressed to Gary Trueman, Thinkers Connect Limited, 3-4 Hardwick Street, London, EC1R 4RB.